The Outlander Experience at Eriska
Any visit to The Isle of Eriska is a special event in itself, a connection with Scottish history, the raw, dramatic landscapes, and stunning vistas of the Scottish West Highlands.
Launching in September 2017, we’re celebrating the hit TV show Outlander with an inspired themed package that will allow our guests to explore beyond the traditional to be deeply immersed in the extraordinary.
Utilising Eriska as your luxury base guests are encouraged to explore the Scottish Highlands to not only delve into key historic turning points in Scottish and British History, as well as world renowned icons, but also to explore locations that inspired the hugely popular TV series Outlander.
The package includes dinner in our fine dining restaurant on two nights, a full Scottish breakfast on each day, a chauffeur driven guide during your full day with us – see options, subject to availability - and a beautifully crafted hamper lunch complete with a nip of malt Whisky to take with you on your guided tour.
This package isn’t just for those that wish to visit Scotland; this for those that want to live and breathe the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Your Tour Options
Option 1 (Tuesday & Thursday)
- Eriska Hotel to Inverness – 2hrs 45mins
- Fort William – Transit through only. This is the fictional location for Blackness Castle the headquarters of Black Jack Randall, as well as featuring in the heart-wrenching scene of Jamie's incarceration.
- Urquhart Castle – Where Claire saw a monster during her time travel and the infrequency of sightings in Loch Ness has been suggested that it too has the ability to time travel
- Inverness - Lunch - Walk the streets where Claire and Frank’s adventures start on their 2nd honeymoon.
- Culloden Battlefield - Where the Jacobite Rebellion came to a bloody end
- Clava Carins - Craigh na Dun. The location that inspired Diana’s (the author) thoughts of time travel.
- Highland Folk Museum – Newtonmore the Mackenzie Village.
Option 2 (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Eriska Hotel to Glenfinnan – 1hr 20mins
- Fort William – Transit through. Fictional location for Blackness Castle the headquarters of Black Jack Randall, as well as featuring in the heart-wrenching scene of Jamie's incarceration.
- Glenfinnan Monument – Where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised the standard for the start of the 1745 Jacobite Rebellion.
- Glenfinnan Viaduct – Harry Potter
- Glencoe – Opening scenes of Outlander.
- Castle Stalker – Monty Python
- Eriska to Hopetoun House -2hr 30 mins
- Dunne Castle – 1hr 50mins. Leoch Castle the fictional Clan Seat of the Mackenzie
- Blackness Castle – Linlithgow Black Jack Randell’s headquarters
- Midhope Castle – Lallybroch Castle Jamie’s fictional home
- Hopetoun House – Duke of Sandringham’s house
Embrace the full experience and tour complete with kilt - kilt fitting and hire can be included - optional.
Please note that entrance fees to Castles etc are not included in the package. These must be paid directly on admission. Some of the above locations are not open during the winter - full details can be made available on request.
Experience our Outlander Experience from September 2017 onwards
Prices from £690 per room per night night based on 2 people sharing
Alternatively email us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01631 720371 and a member of our team will help.
This packages is based on a 2 night stay