There is no shortage of activites or events in Argyll. So if you are traveling to or from Eriska you might get a chance to see and experience some of what the local area and Argyll has to offer.
North of Eriska
- Ben Nevis Distillery - Discover the secrets of Whisky distilling at the Distillery and Visitor Centre.
- Kinlochleven - The ultimate day out in the Scottish Highlands at the UK's premier adventure centre.
- Fort William - Information about Fort William, Ben Nevis and Glen Nevis.
- Aonach Mor/Ben Nevis- Mountain gondolas transport you up the slopes of Aonach Mor, near Ben Nevis.
- Loch Ness - Learn about Loch Ness and the legendary Nessie!
- Glen Coe - The mountain resort open all year round, including climbing, archery and hiking.
- Ice Factor - Suitable for children, adventure & fun - rain or sunshine.
- Rockhopper Sea Kayaking - Sea Kayaking adventures based in Fort William.
- Jacobite Train - Otherwise known as the "Hogwarts Express".
- Lettershuna Riding Centre - Is a well established riding centre near Oban, Scotland, specialising in supervised riding and trekking excursions in the Appin area.
- Kinlochlaich Garden Centre - Historic Walled Garden, built by John Campbell circa 1790.
- Vertical Descents - Extreme adrenalin activities along the Scottish coast line.
- Highland Adventures - Guided hill walks and wilderness with loch fishing.
- Glencoe National Trust for Scotland - Internationally famous for its amazing landscape.
- Dunvegan Castle - Dunvegan is the oldest continuously inhabited castle in Scotland and is found on Isle of Skye.
- Eilean Donan Castle - One of the most iconic images of Scotland.
- Glencoe Folk Museum - Discover the best of Scottish history!
- Creagan Inn - Family & dog friendly restaurant and bar on Loch Creran offering great locally sourced food for all.
South of Eriska
- Inveraray Castle - Home of the Duke of Argyll, a great lesson in history.
- Inveraray Jail - A living museum and top Scottish visitor attraction.
- Crarae Gardens - A spectactular 50-acre woodland in a dramatic setting.
- Arduaine Gardens - A garden paradise on the coast of the Sound of Jura.
- Chartoom II Bistro- Home cooked bar meals next to Arduaine Gardens.
- Oban Distillery - Mat Whisky Distillery Tour, a beautiful coastal destination.
- Oban War and Peace Museum - A fascinating collection of artefacts and photographs depicting the rich cultural history of the busy port town and its people.
- Tralee Segway Centre Scotland - Suitable for almost all ages (see T&Cs on their website), challenge the whole family to a Segway Experience.
- Seafari Adventures - Specialise in offering a unique combination of high adventure and pure exhilaration with the thrill of close encounters with Scotland's magnificent sealife and scenery.
- Kilmartin House Museum - Internationally acclaimed archaeological museum devoted to Scotland’s richest prehistoric landscape.
- Easdale - Is a small island 16 miles south of Oban.
- Caprice Yacht Charter - Experience yacht charter on the beautiful west coast of Scotland.
East of Eriska
- Bonawe Iron Works - The most complete charcoal-fuelled ironworks in Britain, founded in 1753.
- Cruachan Power Station - Lying deep within Ben Cruachan, one of the country's most amazing engineering achievements.
- Glen Orchy - A beautiful valley in which the Rivar Orchy runs between Bridge of Orchy and Dalmally.
- Oban Seal Sanctuary - On the shores of picturesque Loch Creran, near Oban.
- Inverawe Smokehouse - A Scottish family business with free walks, picnic areas and wildlife sanctuary.
- Loch Visions Photography School - An award-winning one day experience with wildlife and digital photography.
West of Eriska
- Mull - A stunning island with over 300 miles of dramatic scenic coastline
- Mull Wildlife Tours - Guided intimate tours of the beautiful Isle of Mull exploring it's wildlife and landscape.
- Duart Castle - The ancestral home of the Clan Maclean on the Isle of Mull
- Balamory - Tobermory, with its colourful waterfront, was chosen by the BBC as the location of the popular television series, Balamory.
- Torosay Castle - A specacular 150 year old castle in magnificent gardens
- Iona - The Iona Community is a dispersed Christian ecumenical community.
- Staffa Trips - Daily trips to Staffa, Fingal's Cave and Iona.
- Sealife and Wildlife Tours - Tours can be joined from Mull and Oban and run from Ulva Ferry on Mull to Staffa, The Treshnish Isles and Iona.
- Kerrera Ferry - Take a short trip over to the island of Kerrera.
- Isle of Tiree - Is a small western island, which has a mild climate with some of the highest levels of sunshine recorded anywhere in the British Isles.
Here you will find information on everything happening in Argyll and on the isles. If you prefer to stay a bit closer to the hotel, the Oban Town Diary lists a range of events and activities nearby.